Assigning root domain cname type with an app

I am trying to connect my domain, makao.app, to Qovery, but I am encountering an issue with the DNS settings on Squarespace. Squarespace does not allow a CNAME record with empty host name (or “@” host name). They suggested using a different host (e.g., ‘*’, ‘www’, or a different subdomain) or exploring alternative records like TXT.

Could you please provide guidance on how to proceed with connecting my domain to Qovery under these constraints?

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi @Marc_Nahas , the issue you’re pointing out is coming from Squarespace. But can you give more context about which Qovery app do you want to assign makao.app to?

Best,

Hi Romaric,
Thanks for your quick response.
Qovery app where we need to add domain -->> web.makao > makao-frontend > react-frontend-makao

Best regards,

Technically speaking, Qovery does not prevent you from using a root domain (here, makao.app) with an app. The limitation comes from the DNS standard, which does not allow CNAMEs on root domains.

However, you can use Cloudflare (or equivalent), which provides CNAME flattening, which turns a CNAME into a type A in a transparent way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.