Template to use a NGINX API gateway with Qovery

Hello :wave: ,

I just wanted to share with you all this NGINX API Gateway template that you can use with Qovery.

Feel free to check out this guide to see how you can use it.

2 Likes

Curious to know more about the API Gateway service coming in Q4?

API Gateway will be a built-in component in Qovery at some point. So there is no need to manage it yourself, and directly pluggable from the web interface. Do you want to know more about something specific?

1 Like

Just curious! We opted to build our own Node.js based API gateway as of right now.

I would suggest you take a look at NGINX, itโ€™s one of the best products out there to make an API Gateway. Out of curiosity, why did you decide to create your own API gateway?

1 Like

Sorry I said the wrong thing. We arenโ€™t creating one from scratch we are using an API Gateway that is already built in Node.js by an AWS engineer. We decided to go this route for a few reasons. 1. No one on our team has used NGINX before and we wanted to get the Gateway up fast so we could continue to build other features. 2. It allows us to easily port the rate limiting, auth, headers and middleware logic we already have in our existing node API. We will probably consider switching to NGINX in the future when we have more time :slight_smile:

1 Like