Failed to launch: determine start command: when there is no default process a command is required

Relevant information to this issue:

• Programming language and version: node 18

ISSUE

We are running into a deploy error: failed to launch: determine start command: when there is no default process a command is required.

It looks like this is a docker issue. We’re using the node webpack on Qovery.

HOW TO REPRODUCE

This now happens on every deploy.

Any idea what might be going on here?

1 Like

Hello @Grant_Magdanz ,

Can you share a bit more info about your app? Is it using Dockerfile or Buildpack?
Is it possible to see your Dockerfile?
And finally, can you share your app console link so I can have a closer look?

Thanks !

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Console link: Qovery

We’re using the node buildpack.

I am checking, it might be a regression on ou end, not clear still, I will come to you ASAP.

Sorry for the convenience.

1 Like

Hey @Grant_Magdanz,

It seems you have a Dockerfile in your project, is there any reason not using it and using buildpacks instead?

We have regularly issues with Buildpacks as we heavily depends on Heroku images. We recommend using Docker for production / anything serious and Buildpacks for quick tests eventually.
Is there a way for you to use Docker instead?

Thanks

The buildpack is just less work for us. We used the Dockerfile before moving to Qovery but we can use it again if it makes things more stable.

Buildpack is good since it’s less work but it’s a bit too magic and more difficult to operate behind the scene. If you can move to Docker, I strongly advice for it :slight_smile:

1 Like