Deploy image via API works but looks like old cached image is deployed

Hello!

I wonder about the mechanism of the docker image cache.
I have a container created in qovery using the new API feature.

I deploy the “latest” image from AWS to this container from devops pipeline calling API from powershell. The deployment works fine. I can see deployment status change as well so a deployment is really happening.

The issue is that my changes are not reflected in the new deployment.

Do I need to clear the image cache or something like this before deploying the updated “latest” image, and if so, how can I do that from the API?

I’d prefer not have to recreate the container because that will change the environment URL.

2 Likes

Hi @addiva-software , indeed, we just restrict using the latest tag yesterday from our API. Using the latest tag can lead to unexpected behavior. Can you please use a specific tag instead?

You can edit the tag from your container and not recreate it. If you wait on Monday, you will have access to the Qovery V3 web interface and a convenient way to change it. If you want, I can give you access tomorrow if it’s too urgent :slight_smile: Otherwise, the API works as well.

Thanks for the info, I can use the unique commit tag, that shouldn’t be a problem.
I’ll let you know how it goes, if it also solves the issue of my container not being updated.

When deploying a unique tag (I used commit ID) rather than “latest”, it deploys OK even when there are multiple images in AWS ECR - The new deployment also displays the updates - all is good!

1 Like