2 managed clusters in the same VPC

We have a Qovery managed cluster on AWS. It deployed its own VPC and everything. Is it possible to deploy a managed cluster into an existing VPC?

Motivation: we always want 0 down time migrations. When we were switching from buildpack based deployment into Docker images we used Cloudflare Load Balancer to shift traffic from old deployment into a new one with URL rewrite. Given the upcoming Qovery ALB migration would create some downtime we would like to spin up a new cluster with ALB and duplicate our applications there. It would only work if we can deploy a new cluster in the same VPC to connect to existing databases and reuse existing NAT IPs.

Hello @prki,

This is a complex topic because your VPC was created by Qovery and is attached to your first cluster.
I’ll check with the team and get back to you with a complete answer.

Regards,
Charles-Edouard

Hello @prki ,

I checked with our team regarding your issue, and it should be technically possible to run two clusters in the same VPC.

However, we don’t recommend it, as this isn’t something we’ve tested.

If you decide to proceed, here are a few important considerations:

• Cluster Deletion: You won’t be able to delete the previous cluster easily. Since everything in AWS is managed using Terraform, attempting to delete the old cluster will trigger Terraform to also delete the VPC, which would cause issues since the new cluster would be in that same VPC.
  • Routing: The networking and routing configurations might be tricky. I recommend paying extra attention to this aspect to ensure everything works smoothly.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need further clarification or assistance.

Best regards,
Charles-Edouard

I see, thanks for thorough explanation.