CreateError when deploying my first cluster on GCP

INFORMATION

Relevant information to this issue:

ISSUE

Describe your issue here
I’m trying out the free trial period of Qovery Playground and I’m having some trouble deploying my first cluster connected to my Google Cloud account.

This is the error resulting from my deployment:

CreateError - Helm timed out for release `cert-manager` during helm UPGRADE: W0418 16:55:19.480454    2578 warnings.go:70] AdmissionWebhookController: mutated namespaceselector of the webhooks to enforce GKE Autopilot policies.Error: release cert-manager failed, and has been uninstalled due to atomic being set: context deadline exceededrelease cert-manager failed, and has been uninstalled due to atomic being sethelm.sh/helm/v3/pkg/action.(*Install).failRelease	helm.sh/helm/v3/pkg/action/install.go:483helm.sh/helm/v3/pkg/action.(*Install).reportToRun	helm.sh/helm/v3/pkg/action/install.go:467helm.sh/helm/v3/pkg/action.(*Install).performInstall	helm.sh/helm/v3/pkg/action/install.go:423runtime.goexit	runtime/asm_amd64.s:1598: Command terminated with a non success exit status code: exit status: 1

HOW TO REPRODUCE
Here are the steps I’ve taken:

1. created a Google Cloud account
  2. started a cluster via. the ‘Add Cluster’ button in the Cluster tab
  3. deployment will error out after approx. 10 minutes.

Upon investigating the ‘Advanced settings’ tab on the failing cluster, I noticed that there are some aws-specific settings like: aws.eks.ec2.metadata_imds. Could this mean that the Playground is only compatible with an AWS cloud account and is the reason that I’m getting a CreateError?

Apologies for any confusion, I’m new at this. I appreciate any help on this matter

thanks

Describe step by step how to reproduce the issue

Hello @kimyouree,

Looking at your cluster, cert-manager is failing to install because you’ve reached your quotas on GCP:

Node scale up in zones northamerica-northeast2-b associated with this pod failed: GCE quota exceeded. Pod is at risk of not being scheduled. 

More info here. You can have a look to your CGP console > IAM > Quotas and and see which quotas are reached and ask for more.

Once you will have available quotas, you should be able to properly finish your cluster setup.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers

Hello @bchastanier thanks for your response! As it turns out, I had a Playground (organization?) set up that I wasn’t aware of - I just used that instead.

I looked at the quotas for the different regions available on my Google Cloud account and it seems like I’d have to request a quotas increase to resolve this issue^. Its unfortunate that the free tier doesn’t provide enough resources to test a small app (I’m just a hobbyist) but I guess there’re no way around that. I appreciate your help with my first time testing a managed database, it was illuminating✨

1 Like